Women Riders Hold the Keys
Women are the biggest untapped market in the motorcycle industry. Now, we all want more women riding motorcycles and using gear designed specifically for them. Women Riders Now has a four-part influencer engagement plan through our Revved-Up Women Influencers (RUWI) to make this a reality:
- Experience It events and rides involving motorcycle and gear manufacturers
- Critical Research Data to obtain women riders’ opinions and real life experiences
- Motorcycle Safety Training Incentives to increase the number of women who take the training
- Mentors, Every Step of the Way to keep new women riders on the road
Who are Revved-Up Women Influencers?
RUWI are women who love to ride motorcycles and have been doing so for 3+ years. They live in cities and towns across North America, are 25-80 years old, belong to riding clubs, are independent, ride in groups, ride solo—even across the country. They own and ride different types of bikes. They’re riders, not passengers. They’re very inclusive and sometimes even let men ride with them. Most importantly, they all love riding and want other women to join them. BECOME AN INFLUENCER
Win/Win Partnership Through Our Four-Point Influencer Strategies
Let’s talk specifics about engaging and connecting existing and potential women riders with motorcycle and gear manufacturers. Everybody wins! Here’s the plan:
Experience It Events
Our 2-3 hour Experience It events are customized for both new riders and those with more than a few miles under their belts. They can be held at dealerships, schools, stores, or shops.VIEW/HIDE SAMPLE EVENT
- Promotion (via Women Riders Now e-newsletter (25K subscribers), social (415K reach), and existing channels for training announcements)
- Guest speaker(s)
- RUWI mentors
- Photographer (participants to sign releases if they will allow their picture to be taken and used by WRN and the event sponsor)
- Promotion—Let your I customers know you are hosting an RUWI event. Shout it from social media and include it in your advertising)
- Demonstration motorcycles and/or trainer (for static demonstration only)
- Prizes (potentially scholarships)
- Optional: “Buy One Get One Free” (BOGO) when two women sign up together for a motorcycle training class
Manufacturers need to hear from women riders to help determine design and/or marketing of products that will appeal to them. RUWI are ideal participants in getting this essential data. We can provide you with participants or conduct entire research projects for you, from facilities to screeners to surveys and final reports. JOIN RUWI | START A RESEARCH PROJECT
Women frequently walk into dealerships and feel invisible. Our RUWI can go in unidentified and find out how staff respond to female potential buyers. You determine the tone and questions you want asked or just have RUWI walk in as a potential buyer.
Need to learn women riders’ opinions of new or proposed equipment or gear? We can provide you with qualified participants, or facilitate and mediate your entire in person or online focus group.
How will women riders perceive your product? Will they want to buy it? Or maybe you’re just in the design phase and need opinions. We can match you with the demographic you seek to nail your next product launch.
Online or Telephone Surveys
We can either provide respondents that meet your demographics or facilitate the entire project from survey design to final report.
Motorcycle Safety Training Classes
We not only want new women riders, but we want them trained properly. Trainers in each state’s certified motorcycle training program are a major part of our initiative. We’ll be promoting the classes through WRN and at Experience It events.
Since many women like to do training with another woman, we’re offering “Buy One Get One Free” (BOGO) passes. Through RUWI, manufacturers have the opportunity to participate by sponsoring OEM-branded passes. We can also provide branded t-shirts for participants. Who doesn’t love a new t-shirt? LEARN MORE
RUWI Mentors become riders’ go-to source for all things motorcycling. As experienced riders who are committed to the goal of assisting new riders, each mentor is available to participants for things such as (but not limited to) motorcycle and gear advice, encouragement, information, and ride guidance for women who have successfully completed a motorcycle training class. BE AN RUWI MENTOR